Sound breathing utilizes sound to move energy up through the chakras from the root to the crown.
– Begin by taking a large in breath to begin each chakra.
– Focus attention on the chakra.
– Visualize each chakra open in front and back and spinning in a clockwise manner.
– Vividly picture the color and make the long continuous sound on the outbreath.
– Hold the sound as long as comfortably possible without repeating.
Apply the above process to each of the following chakras:
– root – red – sound aah (safety)
– sacral – orange – sound ooh (creativity)
– solar plexus – yellow – sound o (will power)
– heart – green – sound u (love)
– throat – blue – sound e (voice)
– third eye – violet – sound sunnnn (intuition)
– crown – creamy white – sound summmm (divinity)
– above – ohm
(another version replaces the sounds with Lam, Vam, Ram, Yam, Ham, Om, Om, Om – in same order)